Skip to main content

Rainy Day Activities


Rainy Day Activities: 
Rain is underrated – HHS Media

Over the past few days, it has been on and off raining, which got me thinking about things I should do. I had to change my plans around a little according to the rain so I decided to list some ideas here: 
  • Listen to music
On rainy days I like to turn on my relaxing and sometimes, more sad playlists. They match the mood outside and calm the area around you. If you need suggestions, check out my blog post on a 'Good Vibes Music Playlist'. Listen to a good playlist while watching the storm by a big window. 
  • Read
Nothing is better than curling up on a rainy day with a good book. I am currently reading The Selection series and highly recommend it! 
  • Have warm drinks
I love to prepare a warm drink for sitting and watching the storms. This could be tea, hot chocolate, or coffee! It feels great to be warm while it's chilly outside. 
  • Make a treat
While you're stuck inside, you should take advantage and make a good treat for yourself. Check out my 'Fresh Peach Cobbler Recipe' that I posted earlier today! It'll warm you right up and make your home smell amazing. 
  • Paint or be artsy
Rain tends to really create a sense of creativity within me. It's a great idea to bring out your paints or make a drawing while you wait for the storm to end. 
  • Relax
It can also be nice to except the storm and take this time to unwind and relax. Pour yourself a bubble bath, paint your nails, or just be mindful to take care of yourself. 
  • Accept the rain! 
Sometimes it's also great to do the opposite of relaxing in the rain! I went for a walk in light rain a few days ago and it was actually refreshing. Try a short walk or just standing in the water for a few minutes.  
  • Exercise indoors
If you had plans to go exercise outdoors, you can rearrange your plans to exercise inside. Today, I decided to pull out my yoga mat and enjoy my practice with the sounds of the rain coming down. It was very relaxing. 
  • Be comfy 
Lastly, on a rainy day, you should try to be comfortable. Put on a pair of pajamas, watch a movie, and have fun with the rain :) 

Comment below what you like to do when it rains! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Grounding?

What Is Grounding?  Grounding, also known as earthing, is a technique that allows a person to better reconnect with the earth using electrical charges. It's said to improve your mood, decrease inflammation, chronic pain, and more. Here is all you need to know about grounding:  How To Ground:  Walk barefoot- walk on grass, sand, some even go hiking barefoot.  Lie on the ground- lie in the sand, on the grass, and feel your body connect to the earth.  Submerse in water- swim in the lake or in the ocean for a deep connection.  Use grounding equipment- use grounding equipment such as mats, sheets, blankets, socks, bands, and patches. Use with caution and safety, as it can produce an electrical shock if used improperly.  Outdoors- allow the palms of your hands, bottoms of your feet, or entire body to touch the earth. Walk in the grass, lay in the sand, or go for a swim.  Indoors- grounding yourself indoors typically takes equipment to do so. Use groun...

Good Vibes Music Playlist

Good Vibes Music Playlist!  This is a playlist that I have created with some of my favourite songs! It may not be for everyone but I find it relaxing and it brings happy vibes. Disclaimer: there may be a few curse words in these songs. All are available on YouTube. So enjoy!  Rain on Me- Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande Image by Youtube via  Break My Heart- Dua Lipa Image by Wikipedia via  Stuck With You- Ariana Grande. Justin Bieber Image by Youtube via  Everything I Wanted- Billie Eilish Image by Elicit Magazine via  Feel Something- Bea Miller Image by KODD Magazine via  The One That Got Away- Brielle Von Hugel Image by YouTube via  You Broke Me First- Tate McRae Image by YouTube via  One Last Time (sad version)- Ariana Grande Image by YouTube via  Hurts So Good- Astrid S.  Image by YouTube via  Ghostin (sad version)- Ariana Grande Image by YouTube via  Infinity- Jaymes Young Image by Genius via  Chicago Freestyle- Drake Im...

The 10 Best Video Workouts on YouTube

 The 10 Best Video Workouts on YouTube:  Image by Planet Fitness via  https://www.planetfitness.com/community/articles/beginner-workout-plan-your-first-week-gym Interested in working out from home, but don't know where to start? Here's a list of my top 10 YouTube videos to workout from home:      1. 30 Minute No-Equipment Cardio Kickboxing Workout- POPSUGAR Fitness This workout will definitely have you sweating! If you feel like trying something new, try out kickboxing.      2. 20 min Full Body STRETCH/YOGA for STRESS & ANXIETY Relief- MadFit  I love this class to get a nice stretch on the days I don't feel up to a hardcore workout.      3. 30-Minute Restorative Yoga and Meditation- POPSUGAR Fitness This class is great for stretching out already sore muscles.      4. 45 Minute Power Yoga Class with Ally Maz | Lululemon- lululemon   Lululemon does a really great job of making you feel strong and givi...